I've noticed that all internet forums, left or right or center, have one thing in common: they're staffed by Internet People. Internet people are those who are present in forums because for them the internet is an activity, not a means to an end.
- Feel unrewarded in life.
- Use the internet as their primary entertainment.
- Tend to be know-nothings.
- Accuse others of their own weaknesses.
- Are unfamiliar with logical argument.
- Take everything personally.
- Are cheerleaders for what appears to be their side.
- Are oblivious to underlying values.
- Argue exclusively in fallacy, distraction, deflection and non-sequitur.
- Defend their territory and identity through their politics.
I think it helps to take a look around and separate normal people from internet people. Internet people will destroy any productive discussion.